Workforce Australia – Transition to Work is a free program providing intensive, pre-employment support to improve the work-readiness of young people and help them into work (which can include apprenticeships and traineeships) or education.
Focused on assisting participants aged 15-24 who are not currently in education or work, it aims to help young people find and maintain employment, or build skills through vocational education and training.
AXIS Employment deliver the Transition to Work service throughout the Wimmera Mallee and Bendigo regions, from offices located in Horsham, Ararat, Mildura, Swan Hill and Bendigo.
The Australian Government Department of Employment and Workplace Relations have produced an explanation video on the Transition to Work Program. Click on the link below to view.
Transition to work for participants
Our TtW program is tailored to meet your individual needs and our dedicated Youth Consultants will provide you with the employment support that allows you to reach your full potential.
To be eligible for Transition to Work you must:
- be aged 15 to 24
- be an Australian citizen or an appropriate visa holder (permanent visa, New Zealand Special Category Visa, or a Nominated Visa Holder such as Temporary Protection Visa or a Safe Haven Visa).
Other individual circumstances may also determine your eligibility such as:
- do you have a Year 12 certificate or equivalent such as a Cert III
- have you been employed in the last 6 months
- are you receiving income support payments such as Youth Allowance
- are you participating in another employment service including Workforce Australia
Speak to one of our friendly Youth Consultants today to find out if you are eligible to participate!
Once you are on board, your Youth Consultant will support you by:
- providing you with career advice that is relevant to your skills and interest;
- helping you to develop practical skills and confidence to become work-ready;
- source education and training options;
- finding job opportunities, including work experience placements; and
- connecting you with relevant local community services
Transition to work for employers
As a well-established specialist provider of employment services in the Wimmera Mallee and Bendigo Regions, AXIS Employment have the experience and expertise to support the employment needs of local business and labour market needs. We understand that you as the employer are a critical partner in the relationship to facilitate, create and support employment positions and work experience opportunities for young people.
AXIS Employment is committed to providing employers with motivated Transition to Work candidates, who are appropriate and well prepared for work. We will be responsive to your organisation’s employment needs through transparent, direct communication with you. Our specialist staff will support you and the Transition to Work participant with a comprehensive range of post-placement support services to ensure that placements are sustained.